Wednesday 9 July 2008

Floating Houses

Having always fantasised about living in both canal boats and lighthouses over the years I started to think about floating houses. I remembered seeing footage of Lousiana and the little wooden houses there that have a darkness that's overwhelming yet kind of magical and comforting too. There are some amazing ones in Vietnam - some of my favourites in terms of setting with the mountains looping behind them. There's a particularly lovely old lady's one on a lake in Russia and also some new eco homes that are really innovative in terms of design (though I've picked a creepy looking one as it reminds me of a modernist witche's house just in case you ever wondered what that would look like) - if the world's going to get a lot wetter in makes sense to drift on calmer waters. A permanent yet transient home is maybe the way forward, as well as maybe the home I crave to suit both sides of my nesting vs running away longings...




No comments: